With hydroponic grow systems from some of the world's biggest names, from Origin (formerly known as Wilma)dripper systems to IWS flood and drain, from Easy-Feed, from Autopot systems to NFT, from Superoots Air-Potsto R-DWC, it's no surprise that most growers in the UK come to the One Stop Grow Shop hydroponics when they need trays, pots, tanks and more. Our awesome selection and choice of items is as good as you'll find in the country and we won't be beaten on price. Start shopping today and buy the best pots and hydroponics grow systems around.
About Grow Systems & Pots
No matter how you plan to grow, you'll need something to grow your plants in.
That might be something as simple as a pot of soil, or it might be an ultra-modern Oxypot System.
Pots of soil or coco can be hand watered very easily, and they allow for both mineral-based and organic growing.
No matter which soil or coco you decide to use, we can thoroughly recommend using air-pruning pots, which help to produce dense, radial root systems that fill the entire containers.
After that there's deep water culture, otherwise known as DWC, which involves suspending roots directly in buckets of bubbling, super-oxygenated water, with very little growing medium required. Expect to see truly explosive growth rates!
Going one-stage further, there's aeroponics, where the roots grow in thin air, getting misted with water. This can be a little bit tricky for full sized plants, but works particularly well during the propagation stages, getting cuttings rooted in double-quick time.
We cater for any style of growing that you decide on. We have all the equipment, the spares, the nutrients and the knowledge to help you.
Why Grow in a Grow System?
Grow systems are perfect for those wanting to make growing more automated and save time. Systems also give you more control over your hydroponic nutrient, meaning you're administering plant nutrition at optimal levels for massive plant growth.
Top 5 Best Grow Systems of 2023
- Origin Growing Systems (Formerly known as the Wilma) - The Origin is a lot of growers easiest and most affordable way to get up and running using hydroponics. This system gives you excellent results, it's easy to use and also doesn't take a lot of maintaining. The Origin's price point makes growing in this very worthwhile! It's been around for years and is one of the most popular systems we love growing in!
- Medusa Run-To-Waste - The Medusa Run-To-Waste (RTW) system is a favourite of those looking to hand-water. You can also add dripper kits for even more efficiency and grow bigger!
- Easyfeed Growing Systems - An extremely easy to maintain system which uses gravity to feed your plants. You can grow from 2 pots all the way up to 60+ pots, making it perfect for hobbyists and large-scale growers.
- DWC - Deep Water Culture (DWC) is a popular growing method which uses oxygenated nutrient to feed your plants roots, giving them incredible yields and strong plants.
- NFT Growing Systems - Nutrient Film Technology uses no pots as roots grow into matting which is laid across a tray, absorbing the nutrient solution along the way. It's easy to setup and is at a great price point.
Top Tips for Growing in a Hydroponics System
Tailor your nutrients to your system - Some nutrients work better in systems than others, this can be because of a few reasons. Some nutrients are thicker than others, meaning when used in a system, they don't mix as well with the water, making them harder to dissolve. This can cause blockages in your filter and lead to issues. Make sure you choose a product which will work well.
Keep it Clean!
Make sure you're cleaning your grow system regularly to avoid build ups of pathogenic bacteria. Use a product like Silver Bullet to keep the roots free from pathogens over the summer months; it'll help you keep growing when others can't!
Clean Pump Filters!
If your system requires pumps, be sure to regularly clean the filters regularly to avoid build ups of biofilms and residues in water pumps, or dust in the case of air pumps. Blockages could potentially cause burn outs and pump failures. This can prevent the system from running properly, and denying plants of nutrients or oxygen for prolonged periods will inevitably lead to disastrous consequences.
Need a Hand Choosing your System?
Don't forget, our retail experts are on hand to help you pick something that'll suit your growing style. We've got the best range of systems in the industry, meaning we'll give you the products & best price in the industry.
Find all of these options above!