G.A.S AC1 Thermostatic Fan Speed Controller
Simple, Cost-Effective, Thermostatic Fan Control
Upgrade your extraction system to make it temperature sensitive with an AC1 fan speed controller. By controlling environmental conditions in real time, you can massively improve your grow room environment, which will lead to bigger and better crops!
- 'Plug and play' AC fan control - very easy to use
- Fully thermostatic - automatically increases fan output when needed
- Extremely cost-effective - comes in at an excellent price point
- Allows you to set minimum 'tick-over' fan speeds between 20% and 100%
- Built to the high standards that we've come to expect from the team at G.A.S
- Rated for up to 5 amp - handles up to 1150 watts
- Accurate to 0.5 degrees Celsius
1 x AC1 Controller with 2m temperature probe
How the AC1 Fan Speed Controller Works
The G.A.S AC1 is a simple plug-in fan controller that will regulate the output level of your extraction system. It can be operated in two modes: unplug the temperature sensor and it will run continuously at your chosen minimum setting. Plug the sensor in and it will operate thermostatically, running fans at the minimum 'tick-over' setting until heat levels rise past your chosen temperature setting.
This controller is a very cost-effective solution but, like all controllers of this kind, it may generate a humming sound. This is an unavoidable consequence of using 'pulse width modulation' to regulate output. For more information, see this post on the One Stop Grow Shop Blog: Fan Controllers - Why Are There Different Types?
How to Use the AC1 Fan Speed Controller
This is a 'plug and play' controller. Plug the AC1 into a wall socket and plug your duct fan into the AC1. Position the probe around canopy height in the centre of your grow room away from direct light. With 5 amps to play with (1150 watts), you can run almost any duct fan out there. To put it into perspective, a 12-inch RVK runs at 0.94 amps, consuming 176 watts of power while moving 1360 cubic metres of air per hour!