Bluelab Peripod (M3)
Just In! A State of the Art Nutrient Doser and pH Adjuster!
When used alongside the Bluelab Pro Controller Connect, the Peripod M3 pumps nutrients into your tank and also makes pH adjustments. The two products combined allow you to monitor your nutrients from a distance and make changes to pH and EC levels using a smartphone, tablet or PC! Having the ability to manage nutrients from anywhere in the world brings obvious time-saving advantages, flexibility and complete peace of mind.
- Bluelab - a world leader in the field of plant nutrient control
- Auto-doses nutrients and makes pH adjustments
- Perfect for connoisseurs and commercial growers
- Deals with one part or two part nutrients (A&B)
- Used in conjunction with the Bluelab Pro Controller Connect (sold separately)
- Can be managed through any internet connected device (requires extra equipment)
- Provides consistent, highly accurate readings
- Delivers peace of mind - keeps nutrient and pH levels stable
- Allows you to leave your growroom for longer periods of time
- 2 year manufacturer's guarantee!
Bluelab Peripod Contains:
- 1 x Bluelab Peripod M3 and ‘Getting Started’ guide
- 1 x dosing cable
- 4 metres of pH tubing
- 2 x 4 metres of nutrient tubing
- 1 x inlet tube cap - fits onto Bluelab pH up and pH down bottles (500ml and 1 litre)
- Mounting screws
- 24V DC 2amp power supply with European, U.K, North America and New Zealand/Australia plug adapters.
How the Bluelab Peripod M3 Works:
Time is money, as the old saying goes - and the clever people at Bluelab have come up with an ingenious way to shorten the length of time needed for administering nutrients, allowing you to concentrate on other important areas, like training, pruning and foliar feeding.
When growing hydroponically, it’s vitally important to the keep pH, and EC levels in check. With the Bluelab Peripod, these readings are automatically kept at the required levels. The Peripod responds to dosing triggers it receives from the (separately available) Bluelab Pro Controller, pumping nutrients, pH up and pH down solutions into your reservoir using peristaltic pumps. This is done in small increments, avoiding spikes and keeping your nutrients consistent. It should be noted that the Bluelab Pro Controller works as a standalone unit, but the Peripod does not.
The Bluelab Pro Controller can be manged from your mobile phone, tablet or home computer while you're on the move, using an internet connection. This means that you can spend longer periods of time away from your grow room, freeing up time for other things. Note that you'll also need a Bluelab Connect for this purpose.
As one final bonus, the Bluelab Peripod comes with a 2 year limited guarantee, 6 months for the pumps and tubes (proof of purchase required).
Using the Bluelab Peripod M3:
- Mount the Bluelab Peripod on a wall ensuring it is higher than the body of the tank/reservoir and solutions. Attach to the wall by securing the screws through the mounting holes in the top and bottom of the case. Do NOT mount above your reservoir, as this will avoid potential leaked solution in the event of a delivery tube failure. Ideally mounted less than 1.5 metres from your electrical mains outlet and less than 2 metres from your reservoir so that the pump tubing can be easily reached. Direct sunlight may result in increased damage to the tubing and plastic components of the Bluelab Peripod M3
- Set up the inlet and outlet tubes, and straighten the dosing tubes before connecting. Bend tube in the opposite direction to its curve and straighten by running through closed fingers.
- Each 4 metre length of tube requires cutting to be used as both inlet and outlet dosing tubes with connectors. Before cutting, ensure there is enough length for each. Cut the tubing on a 45° angle. This is important to avoid the tube becoming blocked due to suction at the bottom of the adjuster and nutrient solution bottles. Ensure you use Ph dosing tube with the Ph adjuster solution. Ph adjuster solution could damage nutrient tubing.
- Insert the pH dosing tube with connecter to attach the LEFT pH pump tube. Ensure the inlet dosing tube will reach the bottom of the pH adjuster container. Cut the inlet dosing tube to desired length. Then set up the remaining outlet hose with the connecter into the RIGHT pH pump tube. Cut the outlet dosing tube so that the tube sits above the maximum solution level of the reservoir. The pH adjuster and nutrient solutions must drip into the nutrient reservoir. If the outlet dosing tubes are immersed in the reservoir it could possibly create a syphon. This could possibly cause the solutions to flow into the reservoir or vice versa.
To set up nutrient tubing and pumps, repeat steps 1-3 using the darker nutrient solution tubing.
Connecting to a Bluelab Pro Controller:
For ease of use the Bluelab dosing cables are colour coded. Each end matches up with colours on the connector panel of the Bluelab Peripod.
- To connect the Bluelab Peripod to the Bluelab Pro Controller connect, align the pins and push the connector onto the GREY connector. Once pushed in turn the threaded collar of the connector clockwise to secure the connector in place.
- Then connect the other end YELLOW end to the doser connector of the Bluelab Pro Controller.
- Connect the power adaptor into the power receptacle in the base of the Bluelab Peripod.
- Plug the adaptor into the mains power supply. Switch on the power adaptor at the mains. The Bluelab Peripod will complete a display test sequence. A GREEN dot in the lower right hand corner of the display indicates that the Bluelab Peripod is powered ON, in stand-by mode and ready to dose.
For more in-depth information on how to accurately set-up and operate this system, please see the instruction manual included with the Peripod, or see the PDF file attached to this page.
Dimensions Length: 288 mm Height: 112 mm.