Medusa Baseline Trays
By Far The Best Way to Collect Run-Off and Recirculate Nutrients
It really is time to say goodbye to saucers, once and for all! Baseline Trays are without doubt the best option available for dealing with excess nutrients quickly and effectively. Instead of leaving run-off lying around in your grow room, where it can cause all sorts of issues, you can send it straight to a drain using gravity (if your drain is lower than your system) or by using a pump. They make life easier for handwaterers because they form a highly effective run-to-waste system, but they're also perfect for those who like to run recirculating drippers, providing an almost limitless number of options for the grower. Their versatility makes them an exciting prospect for experienced growers who like to experiment with customisations, but their modular design also makes them the ideal starting point for beginners.
- Saves you from having to deal with excess run-off
- Lightens the load for handwaterers - spend that extra time tending to your plants and they'll thank you for it!
- Developed and tested to destruction by the team at Medusa Hydroponics
- Great for running recirculating dripper systems
- Can be used to build a dripper system that's easy to transport (no huge reservoirs - just add a Flexi Tank)
- Perfect for those with limited headroom (unlike Wilma Systems)
- Designed to connect to 13mm or 25mm pipe and fittings
- Easy access for fitting connectors, unlike other similar products
- Offers almost limitless possibilities for different arrangements
- Can be used to build systems that utilise any type of growing media - soil, coco or hydroponic (when used with a dripper)
- Features flat edges to connect fittings, for a superior, leak resistant fit
- Built from robust crack-resistant plastic
- Has external dimensions of 41.5cm x 37cm x 9.5cm OR 51cm x 46cm x 9.5cm
- Standard version has 33cm x 28.5cm internal space - recommended for use with a 10l Air-Pot (though a 15l Air-pot will just about fit)
- Large version has 43cm x 38.5cm internal space - suitable for up to 22.5l Air-Pots
Standard Tray Internal (Max Pot Size)
33cm x 28.5cm
Standard Tray External (Dimensions for Floor Space)
41.5cm x 37cm x 9.5cm
Large Tray Internal (Max Pot Size)
43cm x 38.5cm
Large Tray External (Dimensions for Floor Space)
51cm x 46cm x 9.5cm
Growing on uneven ground? Check out the Medusa Base Booster Baseline Tray
To find out more, visit the One Stop Grow Shop Blog: Introducing the Baseline Tray.
How the Baseline Tray Works:
When growing in soil or coco you're going to need to allow for around 10% run-off. This run-off liquid has got to go somewhere, but unfortunately, in many cases, it ends up sitting around in saucers or trays. Roots hate sitting in run-off because it starves them of oxygen and opens up the doorway to crop-destroying issues like pythium (a problem you absolutely do not want to be dealing with). The Medusa Baseline Tray offers you the solution - it's a massive improvement over saucers and trays because it allows you to get rid of waste nutrient quickly and easily. You can then either dispose of it or, if you're running a dripper system, recirculate it. Inside the Medusa Baseline Tray is a dipped area that has a pre-drilled hole. Use this hole to connect to 13mm or 25mm pipe and fittings. Just fit a straight piece, an elbow or a tee piece (depending on the layout of your growroom), connect some flexi pipe and you're away.
How to Use the Baseline Tray:
The Baseline Tray can connect to 13mm or 25mm pipe and fittings, allowing you to design layouts that will suit any grow space. Soaking your flexi pipe in hot water for around 30 seconds to soften it will allow you to slide pipework on to your barbed fittings much more easily.
The Baseline Tray was designed with flat edges that make leaks much less likely than they are with similar systems out there, but, for that extra piece of mind, it's good practice to secure the pipe that sits around fittings with hose clips, for a tighter fit.
Need any help? No problem, check out our Baseline Run-to-Waste Kits or the Baseline Dripper Kits for a fully functioning setup, or tell us what space you have and we can work on creating your dream set-up. Drop us an email at email@example.com today.