Maxibright Daylight LED 480w Pro Grow Light
More Light & Efficiency - Grow Bigger With The Daylight Pro
AVAILABLE NOW - WHILE STOCKS LAST
Introducing an exciting new addition to the DAYLIGHT LED range, the DAYLIGHT 480W LED PRO, for growers looking for higher outputs and greater yields in a more compact and versatile unit. This fixture boldly bridges the gap between the higher and lower powered units in the range, meaning they’re adaptable to a wide range of applications such as propagation, multi-layer gardening and grow tents/rooms. The ability to dim the fixture from 25% up to 100% power, means you can use it from the early stages of growth right through to flowering.
- Produces intense, full-spectrum light that your plants will love
- Total fixture efficiency of 2.7 μmols per watt
- Gives you a "red heavy" spectrum, allowing your crop to pile on huge weight during the flowering stage
- Dimmable from 100% down to 25% without the need of an additional controller
- IP65 ingress protection
- Hits your plants with light from many directions and angles to maximise yields
- Represents exceptional value for money - amazing bang for buck
- Supplied dismantled so that it can fit through tight spaces (up loft hatches, etc.)
- Built with super-efficient Lumiled and Osram LEDs
- "Spider" design gives the best (most uniform) light spread possible
- Passive heatsink cooling - no fans
- Optimised to produce the goods in a 1.2m x 1.2m grow tent
- Very low profile - great for those with little headroom
- Easy to assemble unlike other similar LEDs on the market
- Total PPF of 1296 µmols per second
- Has a whopping 50,000 hour life-span (equivalent to 11.42 years on a 12/12 cycle)
- 3 Years Manufacturer's Warranty
1 x Maxibright LED 480w Pro Grow Light, 1 x 180cm IEC power cable, 1 x Dimmer Control
Recomended Additional Purchase
How the Maxibright Pro LED Grow Light Works
Having a review of the Maxibright LED, they have wisely chosen to adopt a "spider" design that matches the latest generation of LED Grow Lights, like the Gavita 1700e. Instead of concentrating diodes in a central spot and using lenses to direct the light outwards, Maxibright have opted to spread the diodes over a much wider area, using five separate strips. This allows it to deliver a footprint that's much more even than that of a regular HID lighting system or "module" type LED grow light.
The Maxibright Daylight Pro LED Grow Light has been designed so that it's easier to transport than similar alternatives. For this reason, you'll need to assemble it when you receive it, which can be done comfortably in 5-10 minutes. This means that you can get it through tight spaces like loft hatches. It comes in a box that's easy to transport and store, and won't require a pallet delivery.
The Maxibright Pro LED grow light emits intense levels of red light that will cause fruits to swell up in size as you progress through the flowering stages. Naturally, the unit is full spectrum, so there's also a very healthy level of blue in there to keep the stretching down and optimise the quality of the crop. There's some far-red too which stimulates the flowering / fruiting process.
How to use the Maxibright Pro LED Grow Light
The first thing to do is to clip in the five LED strips into the main body making sure to open the grey clips on each bar before trying to mount them to the main unit.
They clip on the provided hangers to each end of the ballast on the mounting hooks provided. The unit can now be hung by the loop in the middle of the hanging wires. You should note that, at 9.2kg, it's not the lightest unit, so you'll need to make sure that you secure it properly. The unit is a bit too heavy for hanging with easy rolls. Instead, we recommend rope ratchets or jack chain.
Next, use the power lead to plug the Maxibright LED into the mains and switch it on. Check that all the bars are lit. If any do not light up then double check that the plug for those bars are plugged in the right way around.
The unit can now be dimmed to the desired level by turning the dimmer knob.
The Maxibright Pro LED is designed to be used over a 120cm x 120cm square area. In this situation it offers an incredibly even footprint. We found that 60cm above the canopy is good for veg but for small plants you might want to begin up to a metre above the tops of the plants and reduce the height gradually over the course of a week or two. If you see any signs of stress (leaves hanging down as though they were wilting) then raise the Maxibright LED up again.
For flowering, we found that 45cm - 55cm is about right. Experiment a little to find the right height for your strain for best results. We've had customer feedback stating that they can get their light extremely close (less than half a metre) to the top of the canopy, but bear in mind, this depends on the strength of your plants. We'd recommend using an infared thermometer and keeping your canopy at 26 degrees for optimal results.