HM Digital EC-3 EC Meter
Please note: you will need to buy separate batteries for this unit
Get Your Nutrient Strength Spot-On With an HM-Digital EC-3
Testing nutrient strength allows you to feed plants at levels that facilitate optimal growth. The HM Digital EC-3 is an accurate, cost-effective and reliable piece of kit that will give you the information you need to tailor your nutrients to your plants' exact requirements.
- Supplied with a carry case to protect it during storage or transportation
- Comes with a hold function to save readings
- Conserves battery life by automatically switching off after 10 minutes
- Measures in microsiemens, from 0 µS - 9990 µS (simply multiply by 1000 to get a typical EC reading)
- Built-in thermometer for measuring nutrient temps
- Automatic temperature compensation between 1 and 50 degrees Celsius
- Needs to be calibrated with 1413 µS KCl solution
1 x HM Digital EC-3 EC Meter
How the EC-3 Digital EC Meter Works
Getting your nutrient strength spot-on is essential to successful growing. The EC-3 helps you to do this by taking highly accurate readings of the EC levels in your feed. It's actually even more accurate than many of the other options available, with a measurement range of 0-9990 µS (microsiemens). If you're more familiar with regular EC readings (millisiemens), then converting the numbers is extremely easy - just divide it by 1000 to get an EC level or by 100 to get a CF level:
A reading of 1856 µS is equivalent to an EC level of 1.856 or a CF of 18.56.
Measurement Range: 0-9990 µS
Battery life: 1000 hours of usage. Note that you'll need to purchase two of these batteries
Dimensions: 15.5 x 3.1 x 2.3cm (6.1 x 1.25 x 1 inches)
Weight with case: 76.5g (2.7 oz)
Weight without case: 56.7g (2 oz)
How to Use the EC-3
Check out the One Stop Grow Shop Blog to find out how to control nutrient strength.