Charles Austen Air Pump Kit with 2" Ball Air Stones
Professional-Grade, British Engineered Air Pump Kits for Connoisseurs and Commercial Growers
This kit contains everything needed to aerate your hydroponic system, ensuring that your plants' roots are getting plenty of oxygen. Charles Austen air pumps are designed and manufactured in Great Britain; they are renouned for their incredible build-quality, and they are almost silent running. These things are also practically bulletproof, so if you're putting together a pro set-up, Charles Austen pumps are a real no-brainer. They are the perfect match for your DWC or R-DWC system.
- Charles Austen - designed and manufactured in the UK
- Built to an extremely high spec
- Very quite running, especially for the volume of air that's moved
- Oxygenates roots and nutrient reservoirs, promoting rapid growth
- Helps to prevent root disease and the development of pathogens
- 6 air stone: 1 x Charles Austen ET30, 6 x 2" ball air stones, 8m of PVC airline tubing, 6 x check valve, 1 x 6-way manifold
- 8 air stone: 1 x Charles Austen ET30, 8 x 2" ball air stones, 10m of PVC airline tubing, 8 x check valves, 1 x 8-way manifold
- 12 air stone: 1 x Charles Austen ET40, 12 x 2" ball air stones, 15m of PVC airline tubing, 12 x check valves, 1 x 12-way manifold
- 16 air stone: 1 x Charles Austen ET60, 16 x 2" ball air stones, 20m of PVC airline tubing, 16 x check valves, 1 x 18-way manifold
- 18 air stone: 1 x Charles Austen ET60, 18 x 2" ball air stones, 20m of PVC airline tubing, 18 x check valves, 1 x 18-way manifold
- 24 air stone: 1 x Charles Austen ET60, 24 x 2" ball air stones, 30m of PVC airline tubing, 24 x check valves, 1 x 26-way manifold
- 36 air stone: 2 x Charles Austen ET60, 36 x 2" ball air stones, 40m of PVC airline tubing, 36 x check valves, 2 x 18-way manifolds
Recommended additional purchases:
Running a deep water culture system? Then why not check out Plant Magic DWC nutrients, which are formulated specifically for the job. And don't forget that adding Silver Bullet to your reservoir will ward off root diseases for up to 5 weeks, keeping your plants growing sweetly during even the most diffcult periods.
How the Charles Austen Air Pump Kit Works:
Charles Austen pumps are pieces of precision-engineered equipment, ideal for oxygenating nutrient reservoirs. These air pumps are typically used in deep water culture systems and WaterFarms / AquaFarms – though every nutrient tank can benefit from oxygenation.
Using the Charles Austen Air Pump Kit:
Connect the L-shaped piece of rubber tubing to the air outlet point. Fit the manifold into the rubber tubing and secure it in place using the two provided clips. Connect lengths of airline tubing to each manifold outlet and insert the barbs of your air stone into the other end of each length of airline.
Insert your check valves into each air line by making a cut in the pipe. The black end should be joined to the air line tubing coming from the air pump and the clear end should be fitted to the air line that moves on out towards the air stone. This will prevent back any water siphoning back towards the pump, should the unit be accidentally switched off, or in the event of a power failure. Even so, it's still best practice to position your air pump in a raised area, using a stand or shelf, etc., so that it sits above the waterline of the pump’s destination reservoirs or system.
Never immerse the pump in water!