Alien RDWC Pro Hydroponic Systems - 34 litre
Make Feeding Times Easier and Growth Rates Quicker with an Alien RDWC Pro
The Alien RDWC Pro System accelerates growth rates by delivering extremely high levels of oxygen to each root system. It takes the deep water culture concept and pushes things to the next level by creating a current that circulates around the system, keeping nutrients evenly mixed and allowing you to administer feed from a single point (no need to tend to separate containers or drain nutrients back to a tank).
These systems are put together on a bespoke basis - just choose how many pots you require using the dropdown and we'll get in touch with you to check your requirements for the spacings between each pot. Standard pot spacings are 50cm and 75cm, but we can send out pipework cut to your exact needs for no extra cost! Let us know your room size and we can help you with the rest. Because these systems are tailor-made, there will be slight delay in sending them out (one to three working days), but the wait will be more than worth it.
- Fully customised plant spacings for no extra cost!
- Delivers explosive growth rates
- Makes life easy - allows you to tend to multiple plants from a single point
- Built with 4-inch pipework and fittings for enhanced flow rates
- Comes ready to connect to a chiller
- Keeps nutrients evenly mixed right around the system
- Choose between 34 litre and 55 litre containers
- Utilises a Norres PRO-Air Diffuser in the control bucket (brain) for maximum oxygen saturation
- Automatically tops up from a header tank (separately available)
34 litre pots, lids, net pots (net pots are now black, number to suit your system)
Air stones (number to suit your system)
Air pump (by number of pots): (4, 6) XP40, (8, 9) XP60, (12, 16) XP80, (24) XP60 x 2, (32) XP80 x 2
Pipework and fittings
Header pot (including water pump - see specs below)
Recommended additional purchases:
- Air pump and airstone kits are available separately. Find a kit to match your system here.
- Adding Silver Bullet Roots to your tank will keep your nutrient solution sterile and disease-free.
- Plant Magic's DWC nutrient has been formulated to get the very best out of deep water culture systems.
- The Nutradip Growboss gives you constantly updated pH, EC and nutrient temperature info on an easy to read display - essential for a DWC system.
- Propagation Kit (to prepare young plants)
- Budget pH & EC Testing Kit, bucket (for mixing nutrients)
- 100 litre Flexi Tank (4, 6 & 8-Pot)
- 250 litre Flexi Tank (9, 12, 16, 24 & 32-Pot)
- Chiller unit
How the Alien RDWC Pro System Works
Deep water culture (DWC) is a hydroponic growing method that comes with an array of advantages. Plants are grown from net pots that sit inside the lids of your containers. Instead of filling these containers with substrate, they are instead filled with nutrient solution that is agitated using airstones, creating a bubbling effect. This 'bubbling' ensures that roots get as much oxygen as they could ever use, facilitating extremely rapid plant growth.
So what are the benefits? For a start, there's less medium to deal with; only a small quantity of clay pebbles is required to support initial root growth within the net pot. This means that waste is kept to an absolute minimum. Root systems thrive in heavily oxygenated water and produce amazing results with notable increases in yields. The Alien RDWC Pro keeps nutrients evenly mixed right around the system, thanks to its use of undercurrent technology. Nutrient is forced through the control bucket, which causes it to flow through every container. This also makes it easy to tend to your plants from a central point, without having to deal with each container separately.
The control bucket comes with pre-drilled holes and the fittings required to connect up a chiller, straight out of the box, routing the water flow using the system's recirculation pump. You can still run it without using a chiller if needs be, though this is something we wouldn't recommend. Keeping your temperatures between 18 and 20 degrees at all times will maximise growth rates, bringing the very best out of the system. Whenever you're running without cooling, be sure to add in some Silver Bullet, which will keep root diseases at bay.
System Specifications (By Number of Pots)
Total water volume: (4) 110 litre, (6) 150 litre, (8) 180 litre, (9) 200 litre, (12) 280 litre, (16) 350 litre, (24) 500 litre, (32) 660 litre
Total power usage: (4, 6) 46w, (8) 57w, (9) 64w, (12) 83w, (16) 98w, (24) 128w, (32) 186w
Air pump (litres per minute): (4, 6) 40 l/m (8, 9) 60 l/m; (12, 16) 80 l/m, (24) 60 l/m x 2, (32) 80 l/m x 2
Water pump (litres per hour): (4, 6) 1000 l/h, (8) 1200 l/h, (9, 12) 1500 l/h, (16) 2000 l/h, (24) 3000 l/h, (32) 4000 l/h
How to Use the Alien RDWC Pro System
Full instructions are included with your kit. They'll guide you through the process, step by step.