Privacy & Security
One Stop Grow Shop Ltd may change this policy from time to time; the latest policy can be found here on our website. You should check the website from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25.05.2018.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, address, telephone number, email address when going through our checkout (we do not store card details). First name and email address when signing up to our newsletter.
- IP addresses and devices are logged by our server when visiting our website.
- Name and purchase history when using our instore loyalty card system.
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
How We Use Any Information Gathered
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process web orders, ensuring that your chosen items reach their destinations safely.
- To provide a point of contact should any issues arise with your order.
- To keep a record of instore sales when using our loyalty card, allowing us to track down purchases in the event of a lost physical receipt, and to offer discounts to regular customers.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Order information is kept only as long as is necessary for customer services purposes.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- When signing up to our newsletter, your name and email address will also be shared with Mailchimp, an email marketing company whose data centres are located in the USA. https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- In order to process credit/debit card transactions and bitcoin payments, PayPal and Bitpay, our payment processors, may require your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full https://bitpay.com/about/privacy. To improve the user experience on the website we also share analytics information with PayPal.
- When delivering your order, our delivery companies, Royal Mail and UPS, will use your full name, address, telephone number and email in order to provide you with a swift delivery service. https://www.royalmail.com/privacy-notice https://www.ups.com/gb/en/help-center/legal-terms-conditions/privacy-notice.page
- We utilise Google Analytics and Google Cloud in order to deliver the best web experience possible. For this reason, Google will be aware of IP addresses and information on browsing activity. https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Facebook activity and analytical data will be logged on Facebook’s servers. https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- We utilise Cloud.IQ to provide an email reminder of what you have in your shopping cart, this service is only used if you opt-in to receive the emails in the checkout.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Please note that this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website, or any of the data or privacy standards that those websites adhere to. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your Personal Information
One Stop Grow Shop ltd is responsible for controlling your data. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may exercise your rights and options regarding the personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR Legislation 2015, by contacting us via email at email@example.com or writing to Data Control, One Stop Grow Shop, Unit C1, Fenton Trade Park, Off Dewsbury Road, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 2TE
If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Company number: 06126764