Please note: Our Dutch Pro feed charts can be found under the "Attachments" tab above.
Dutch Pro - pH Down Bloom (Phosphoric Acid) - 5 Litres
Dutch Pro - pH Down Bloom (Phosphoric Acid) is used for reducing the pH of your nutrient solution. Phosphoric Acid works really well during the flowering/fruiting phase as it is fairly stable and also provides a source of phosphorus. Dutch Pro pH Down Bloom can be used in the growth (vegetative) stages but Dutch Pro pH Down Grow (Nitric Acid) is more effective during that time due to it's Nitrogen content.
- Dutch Pro pH Down Bloom – reduces the pH of your nutrient solution
- Concentrated – 30% Phosphoric Acid
- Phosphoric Acid – stable and provides a source of phosphorus
- Ideal for the flowering/fruiting stage
- Corrosive – requires careful handling
Dutch Pro - pH Down Bloom (Phosphoric Acid) - 5 Litres contains:
5 Litres of Dutch Pro pH Down for Bloom (30% Phosphoric Acid)
How Dutch Pro - pH Down Bloom (Phosphoric Acid) works:
Dutch Pro pH Down for Bloom is a concentrated Phosphoric acid (30%) that can be used to reduce the pH of almost any liquid that it is added to. When growing plants in hydroponics or aeroponics, it is necessary to keep the pH of your nutrient solution within a certain range. Phosphoric Acid is fairly stable and provides a source of Phosphorus which is useful during the flowering/fruiting stage. Different plant species have different requirements but in general most plants like a pH range of 5.5 – 6.5 in hydroponics. Dutch Pro - pH Down Bloom is added in small amounts to a nutrient solution to reduce the pH and then help to keep it within this range.
Using Dutch Pro - pH Down Bloom (Phosphoric Acid)
Use Dutch Pro pH Down (Phosphoric Acid) during the flowering/fruiting stage. For the growth stage it is best to use a Nitric Acid based pH Down product such as Dutch Pro - pH Down Grow (Nitric Acid).
To grow plants successfully, particularly in hydroponics, it is necessary to monitor and adjust the pH of your nutrient solution on a regular basis. In general, plants grown in hydroponics like a pH of approximately between 5.5 and 6.5 (plant species dependent) with a little bit of variation within this range. This is because plants can only absorb certain nutrients at a pH close to 5.5 and others at a pH closer to 6.5. If your nutrient solution strays out of this optimum range for too long, your plants will not be able to absorb all the nutrients that they need and will become deficient, leading to slowed growth and eventually sickness. To avoid a pH problem, and the plant problems that it can cause, it is wise to check and adjust the pH of your nutrient solution very regularly (every day if possible).
To use, take a small sample of your nutrient solution and measure the pH with a digital tester or liquid pH test kit. If the pH of your nutrient solution needs to be adjusted then draw off about half a litre of nutrient solution in a jug and add a small amount (depending on the size of your reservoir) of Dutch Pro pH Down using a pipette. Mix very well. Add the contents of the jug back to reservoir in small stages, mixing the reservoir well and re-testing the pH in-between each addition until the desired pH is reached.
Warning: If pH Up and pH Down come into contact with each other they react violently and even in small quantities, mixing them can have an explosive result. Always make sure that the two liquids NEVER come into contact with each other as this can cause a violent or explosive reaction. Ideally use separate syringes, beakers or pipettes for the 2 liquids, or make sure that they are washed out thoroughly after using one before using them for the other. Be very careful when handling pH Up and pH Down as they are both corrosive and will cause irritation to skin and burns on clothing. Keep out of the reach of children and take appropriate care and precautions when using. Always replace the cap on the bottle and wash out syringes, beakers and pipettes after using them with either of these substances. In particular, they will perish the rubber plunger in syringes if not washed out. If pH Up or pH Down makes contact with eyes, wash with copious amounts of water and seek medical advice immediately. If it is accidentally ingested, seek medical advice.